test

1

Spahn Ranch Fire Caused by Faulty Electrical Wiring

CHATSWORTH, Dec. 18 – Sheriff’s deputies today had stated the early morning fire at the Spahn movie ranch on Tuesday was caused by faulty electrical wiring.

A 30-foot aluminum trailer at the ranch, made famous by a cult linked with the Tate and Labianca murders, caught fire causing an estimated $1000 damage.

The blaze was discovered by Sharon G. Rayfield 18, who was sleeping in the trailer.

The girl, awakened by smoke, told firemen she first tried to put out the flames, but called the blind ranch owner, George C Spahn when she failed.

Deputies said there was an arson threat made against the ranch two years ago, but added it was not involved with the Tate case.

The ranch was the alleged home of a hate-oriented cult charged in connection with the Tate and LaBianca killings last Aug. 9 and 10.

This entry was posted in Archived News. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Spahn Ranch Fire Caused by Faulty Electrical Wiring

  1. starviego says:

    The witness mentioned in this article apparently did know Charlie. I caught this reference:

    Eureka! by Steven V. Roberts (NY Times) c.1974
    From a piece titles “One Man’s Family”
    pg214
    Manson knew what to say to make people feel good, to bring them out of themselves. Sharon Rayfield, a girl who lived near Spahn Ranch and rode horses there, said, “I always thought I was ugly, but Charlie made me feel beautiful.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recently Added to the Archive

The People of the State of California Vs. Charles Tex Watson
Assassins...Serial Killers...Corrupt Cops...: Chasing the News in a Skirt and High Heels Get Archive and News Updates via Twitter